The Satking 800CA VAST certified satellite decoder without a doubt the most popular VAST decoder for caravan satellite system. It is just 220mm wide and will fit in any entertainment cabinet at home or on a shelf in a caravan.
The Satking DVBS2-800CA is PVR ready so you can record the programs direct to a USB stick or drive (not included). It can be powered via either 240v mains power or a 12v cigarette lighter lead. Power consumption is a mere 9 watts so it is economical to run whether from the transformer or from the battery of your van.
On the rear panel, you'll find:
- Single satellite input and "Loop Out" connections (the "Loop Out" is used to connect multiple decoders together).
- HDMI socket to deliver the best quality picture to your TV.
- USB port. You can attach a USB stick or USB hard drive to this input and record TV direct to the drive.
- AV composite video and component video outputs (only use if your TV does not have a HDMI input)
- IR sensor input (to connect an InfraRed extender)
- 12V DC input from either the 240v transformer or 12v cigarette lighter lead.
- Ethernet port.
- SP/DIF and coaxial digital audio output for connection to surround sound systems.
The external IR sensor port gives you the option to mount the decoder in an overhead cupboard in the van or in an enclosed entertainment unit yet still operate from the remote control. It is a simple as plugging one end of the IR sensor (purchased seperately) into the rear of the decoder and sticking the other end within line of sight of your remote control.
All functions of the remote control can be used this way without the need to open the cupboard. This is a fantastic feature and the SatKing DVBS 800CA is the only VAST certified satellite decoder that offers this feature. We have 2 sensors available for the SatKing 800CA - 1 metre or 3 metre.
On starting up the 800CA, the first screen you'll see will be the following:
The screenshot above shows that the decoder is searching for signal. When the dish is aligned, the decoder will immediately change to the scanning screen (below) and load all channels.
Whether using this decoder for home or on the road, you'll get access to all of the available VAST channels.
The SatKing DVBS2-800CA VAST Satellite certified high definition satellite receiver brings a new level of features to the Australian VAST platform. Designed with ease of use in mind customers will find this VAST receiver a pleasure to use. From first turn on you will notice the unit is super fast to turn on and scan in channels, the Optus VAST card is already loaded in the decoder for you.
A large remote control with easy to read and use buttons with built in learning function to take over basic controls of your TV (no need for two remote controls any more). The compact design is a real winner measuring 220mm in width and very low power consumption, well below 15 watts.
With PVR ready via USB as standard simply connect your external USB device to use to unit as a PVR. You will also find a fast operating and easy to read 8 day Electronic Program Guide (EPG).
The unit can be used for either VAST traveller customers (12 Volt) or VAST at home customers (240 Volt) via the included power pack.
For self installation SatKing has developed an internal signal finder with an intensity beeper to assist with installations, the higher the signal the faster the beeping and an electronic map built in to give you your coordinates for easier dish positioning.
The unit also has a detailed electronic help guide and handy features like a USB speed test to test your USB device. For the VAST traveller caravan market the unit also has an optional IR target so you can place the VAST decoder in a cupboard and hide the unit out of sight, also handy to place the unit behind large screen TV’s in home when you don’t want to look at the STB.
Commercial installations and customers with older TV’s will find the built in RF modulator of great assistance, you can simply use the SatKing decoder on any TV new or old without any extra expense.
- Australian VAST certified
- High definition MPEG-4
- 12/240 Volt operation for home or RV use
- Compact size 220 mm x 180 mm x 47 mm
- Friendly bright coloured menu
- Signal finder with beeper
- USB PVR ready as standard (compatible with most drives and memory sticks)
- Large button remote with learning functions
- Fast operating 8 day EPG
- Infrared target (optional)
- Parental control
- Time shift function via PVR
- Program auto tune with reminder
- HDMI output
- Component output
- CVBS output
- RF modulator
- Digital audio (Coaxial & S/PDIF)
- Dolby digital audio
- LNB loop out (for connection to another decoder)
- USB speed test
- DiSEqC 1.0/1.2 supported
- Adjustable LNB settings
- Low power consumption (less than 15 W)
- Over the air software download supported
- Subtitles supported
- IRDETO secure silicon inside.